Saturday, October 29, 2016

Stacking the Shelves: October Book Haul

A weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Hey remember how I was on a book buying ban? Hahahaha, that seems to be a thing of the past. Last month I bought more books than usual and then the floodgates opened and in October I bought a ton of books! I did not stick to my book buying ban at all. I literally broke every rule I set for myself. And after doing so well. Oh well, I have no self control when it comes to books.

But in my defense this is when all the amazing highly-anticipated books come out. And there was a Fierce Reads tour that came through Pittsburgh. How could I not buy a ton of books? And if you ignore the fact that I bought a bunch of books from Book Outlet I didn't do too bad. Okay, I did do bad with my book buying diet. Whatever, I don't care.. GET OFF MY BACK! Oh, I'm the only one who cares about this? Cool, cool.

Alright, let's look at what I picked up...

Bought 


The Midnight Star by Marie Lu My Review
I have had this pre-ordered for ages because I love this series so much. And you guys, it was soooo good. I still get weepy thinking of it. Like even looking at the cover.

Stars Above by Marissa Meyer - My Review
I have the audiobook for this but Marissa Meyer came as part of the Fierce Reads tour and it is the only one of her books that I don't own a physical copy of so I had to complete the series.

Last Seen Leaving by Kaleb Roehring My Review
I wasn't going to buy a copy of this because I had an e-ARC but after hearing for Kaleb at the Fierce Reads tour I wanted to meet him and get a signed copy so I did.


Nemesis by Anna Banks Add to Goodreads
Same as above. I wasn't sure I wanted to get a physical copy of this but Anna Banks was hilarious and I wanted to meet her. Mostly to tell her about how I read in a dry bathtub after learning that she writes in her bathtub.

Jackaby by William Ritter - My Review
I gave my ARC copy of Jackaby away a few years ago and I love this series so much I needed a copy of the book. So when I saw the paperback on Book Outlet I snagged it.

The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne - Add to Goodreads
I have been wanting to read this book for awhile now. And I honestly figured it would be the perfect book for election season but I'm definitely burned out by politics. But soon.


The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon - My Review
I love The Bone Season series and I read an ARC of this book like two years ago but I do not own a copy, until now. I got a copy from Book Outlet what with The Song Rising coming out soon.

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard - My Review
Same, same. I have an ARC of this and I wasn't planning on getting a physical copy. But what with my pre-ordering Windwitch I think that I need a copy so that they match. And I saw one on Book Outlet so I bought it.

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - Add to Goodreads
There is a new used book store in my neighborhood. Which, you know will probably be really dangerous. But also really nice because I can sell them books. But I stopped in shortly after they opened and wanted to get something. So I got this.

For Review


Drednaught by April DanielsAdd to Goodreads
You had me at transgender superhero. I mean seriously, this book sounds amazing. I was approved for this on Netgalley and I can't wait to read it.

All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai - Add to Goodreads
This sounds like a really interesting science fiction time travel book. It's blurbed by Andy Weir so I'm interested. I'm really excited to read something with an Jetson-ian future world but written today.

Girl in Disguise by Greer Mcallister Add to Goodreads
First female Pinkerton detective. Yup, sold. That's really all you need to know, right? That's all I needed.

Those are the books that I got in July. What books did you get? Are you excited for any of these? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

5 comments:

  1. I was on a book-buying ban for the first part of this year. After I finally got my TBR under control, I went out and got a ton of books. Now it’s out of control again. Sigh. I hope you like your new books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, can I relate. I go on book buying bans and have almost decided that I buy more/ spend more in the long run. When I fall off the wagon, I seem to go a little crazy.
    I just bought Jackaby for my daughter in laws birthday. That was one of those books that I couldn't wait to be released and then didn't end up reading it. Maybe I will borrow it from her when she is finished with it. :)
    All Our Wrong Todays sounds like a book that I might be into. I will have to check that out.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice haul this month!! I picked up Banks & Lu's books this month as well! Still need to read The Rose Society though, but now I can binge read! LOL! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm a horrible enabler so I applaud all your books!
    Also "first female Pinkerton detective" totally sold me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul! I really want to read the Bone Season and The Young Elites soon! The Midnight Star cover is simply amazing! Last Seen Leaving looks interesting, I'll have to check it out! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete