Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Windwitch by Susan Dennard

A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Windwitch
Series: The Witchlands #2
Author: Susan Dennard
Published: January 10, 2016 by Tor Teen

Synopsis: The follow-up to New York Times bestselling Truthwitch, next in a breathtaking YA fantasy series hailed by Alexandra Bracken as "a world you will want to inhabit forever."

On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a "witchery," a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In this follow-up to New York Times bestselling Truthwitch, a shadow man haunts the Nubrevnan streets, leaving corpses in his wake—and then raising those corpses from the dead. Windwitch continues the tale of Merik—cunning privateer, prince, and windwitch.

Why I'm Waiting 

I've been a fan of Susan's books since I read the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy a few years back. So obviously I was super excited when I heard that she was writing a high fantasy with a world similar to Avatar: the Last Airbender. And I read Truthwitch at the beginning of this year when it came out and I loved it. In fact, it's one of my favorite reads of the year and I've read 120 other books since then so you know it's good

And therefore, I must be anxiously awaiting the books sequel, and I definitely am. I can't wait to find out what happens next to these characters. I'm excited that Merrik is taking a little bit more of the focus because I feel like there is a lot more to learn about him, as well as a many of the other characters. Plus that "shadow man: sounds really interesting and very Susan if you've read Something Strange and Deadly you know what I mean

I'm really excited to explore more of this world too. I think in Truthwitch we learned so little about the magical system and the history of this world. It was one of those show instead of tell kind of world-buildings and it left a lot of things unanswered and assumed that we knew stuff we didn't know. I want to know stuff and find out stuff!

I have a copy of this book preordered. I cannot wait to read it this January when it comes out. Winter for me is the perfect time to escape into a high fantasy epic and Windwitch will be the perfect book for that.


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on Windwitch along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I still need to read Truthwitch. Fell sooo behind this year it seems! LOL. It'll be fun to binge 2 books though! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaasss, this book! It's been a year since I've read Truthwitch - this book could not get here fast enough. I'm glad Dennard feels confident about it, since she was struggling with it. I'm sure it'll be awesome. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read the first one, but I've heard good things about it. I definitely need to get to it before this one releases. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete