Saturday, October 1, 2016

Stacking the Shelves: September Book Haul

A weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Hey guess what... I haven't done a monthly Stacking the Shelves since July because I only got one new book in August. Are you proud of me? Good. I'm proud of me too. But that is about to change because I was not very good in September. I was not good at all.

I've been doing real well when it comes to my book buying ban but this month, I slipped up a little bit. I bought more books than usual and I broke my rule about not buying books just because they are on sale and/or I have coupons. But like there are some amazing books that came out this month and I couldn't help myself. I have no self control.

But I did get some books I am really excited to read and a few I already read and enjoyed.

Bought 


This Uninvited by Cat Winters Add to Goodreads
I bought this because the e-book was on sale and I have wanted to read more Cat Winters after reading my first one earlier this year. I bought this one because it sounds good and again, sale.

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas - My Review
I was so freaking excited about the most recent book in the Throne of Glass series. it was amazing and devastating so now I need the final book immediately!

As I Descended by Robin Talley My Review
I preordered this modern Macbeth retelling set in a haunted boarding school with lesbian protagonists and I loved it. It was everything I wanted it to be and more.

A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis Add to Goodreads
I preordered this modern Macbeth retelling set in a haunted boarding school with lesbian protagonists and I loved it. It was everything I wanted it to be and more.


The Reader by Traci Chee - Add to Goodreads
I impulsively bought this because I haad heard amazing things and had a coupon for Barnes and Noble. I thought I was doing good on my book buying ban so I could splurge. I was wrong but I don't care,

The Swan Riders by Erin Bow My Review
Another highly anticipated sequel. I loved The Scorpion Rules and had to find out what happened in the next book. It was really good but I liked the first book better.

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo - Add to Goodreads
I am not ready for the final book in The Dregs duology and yet I am super excited to read it because I love these characters and I know it will be thrilling.

For Review


Gilded Cage by Vic James Add to Goodreads
This is the one book I got for review last month. I was approved for this on Netgalley and it sounds fantastic. Like an urban fantasy meets dystopia kind of thing which sounds cool.

The Alchemist of Loom by Elise Kova - Add to Goodreads
I have heard great things about Elise Kova's books. So when I saw this on Netgalley I requested it and got approved. I'm excited to give her writing a try,

The Bear and the Nightingale by  Add to Goodreads
I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher and I was so excited because I had actually requested it on Netgalley. It sounds really interesting like a combination of The Smell of Other People's Houses and Uprooted.

Those are the books that I got in July. What books did you get? Are you excited for any of these? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you love all your new books! The only one I’ve read is A Madness So Discreet. It was pretty good.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete