Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: The Long Game
Series: The Fixer #2
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Published: June 7, 2016 by Bloosmbury

Synopsis: Tess Kendrick, teen fixer extraordinaire, returns in a pulse-pounding thriller about a deadly conspiracy at the heart of Washington. 

For Tess Kendrick, a junior at the elite Hardwicke School in Washington D.C., fixing runs in the family. But Tess has another legacy, too, one that involves power and the making of political dynasties. When Tess is asked to run a classmate's campaign for student council, she agrees. But when the candidates are children of politicians, even a high school election can involve life-shattering secrets.

Meanwhile, Tess's guardian has also taken on an impossible case, as a terrorist attack calls into doubt who can--and cannot--be trusted on Capitol Hill. Tess knows better than most that power is currency in D.C., but she's about to discover first-hand that power always comes with a price.

Perfect for fans of Harlan Coben and Ally Carter, the second book in this thrilling series will leave readers breathless.

Why I'm Waiting 

You know what's fun? When you find out one of your most anticipated sequels comes out a month earlier than you expected. Less waiting, yeah! I thought this book came out in July but imagine my surprise when I saw it on Netgalley and it had a release date of June 6th instead of July 7th.

I read the first book in this series, The Fixer, last summer and it was an absolutely amazing political thriller. And it's YA you guys. How many of those are out there. SO few. But seriously, this book is YA Scandal which is everything you want it to be and more. It's got an amazing mystery, which has super high stakes and will keep you guessing. Plus I feel like there were so many aspects on the mystery that weren't resolved so I need to keep reading to find out how it all gets resolved.

Plus I need more Tess Kendrick in my life. She's a fantastic heroine. Snarky and too smart for her own good and the perfect combination of Veronica Mars and Olivia Pope. I like the way that she has these smaller mysteries at the school that overlap with larger stuff. It's great. I can't wait for more.

I was just approved for this on Netgalley (Thanks Bloosmbury!) and it's taking so much of my self-control not to dive right in because I'm so excited to read it.



What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on The Long Game along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

8 comments:

  1. Admittedly, The Fixer never jumped out at me. But YA political thriller? I'm so game. Can't help but be drawn to it since I live in the DC area! Great feature and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Jessie Marie Reads - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this cover is so great!! This seems so freaking interesting. Thanks for sharing♥

    Jumana @ Books by Jay
    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't wait for this book. I just added a note to my calendar to reserve it from the library when it comes out, but now reading this I went and requested it from NetGalley. I'm not sure I'll be approved, but either way, I'll be reading it in a couple of months. I'm so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Haven't read this series but hope you enjoy this installment once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read book 1 but I will probably read these back to back since I've heard such good stuff about them!!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this series, but I'll have to get this to put in my library for my students when it comes out. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sounds of the snarky character. Have to get book one, now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read The Fixer but it seems like I really should get onto that now that the sequel is getting closer!

    ReplyDelete