Debut Author Challenge
Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
- To introduce readers to this year’s wonderful group of debut authors.
- To challenge readers to read 12 or more (or less! It’s up to you!) middle grade, young adult, and new adult debuts this year.
- You must post your thoughts on each debut book you read in order for it to count towards the challenge.
- You can post anywhere: your blog, Goodreads, Amazon, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
- You can join the challenge whenever you want.
- The debuts must have a publishing date in 2016 and must have been read between January 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017 (this extra month allows readers adequate time to read December debuts) in order to count.
- Each review gives you an entry into the monthly prize pack drawings. Make sure you post the links to my monthly link-ups. I always post these link-ups on the first day of the month.
- This challenge is open internationally, as are the monthly prize packs.
- I don’t care what language you write your reviews in, I just need to know which book you have reviewed so I can verify your entry.
- When you post your link, please include the title in English. Use the hashtag #2016DebAuthC so we can all see what everyone’s up to!
I participated in this challenge last year and I loved it. I read so many debuts and many of them were favorites of the year. The goal is to read 12 debuts and I actually read 23 (hoping to get one more as my last book of 2015). There are a lot of amazing debuts coming out again this year so I'm of course participating again.
Rock My TBR
The YA Book Traveler
JOIN THE #ROCKMYTBR CHALLENGE FOR 2016!
We ALL have those poor little books that we bought because we had been excited to read them…but eventually they just went by the wayside and forgotten.
2016 IS A NEW YEAR SO WE ARE GONNA ROCK OUR TBRS!
I have so many books sitting on my shelf and on my tablet that I’ve been REALLY wanting to read! So, I decided to start personal challenge to myself and I wanted anyone else who’s interested in joining to join!
OPEN TO ALL READERS! Whether you’re a reader, a blogger, a booktuber, a bookstagramer let’s all have fun and rock out those TBRs together! We all love books and let’s encourage one another.
- To read a minimum of 1 book per month you already own (published book). This challenge is totally what YOU make of it! You can do 5 books a month, 10, WHATEVER! Anything you accomplish is fantastic. This challenge is really what you make of it.
- Make a list! If you can, create a list of books you own and want to read then post it, tweet it, video it and try to find other who want to read the same book. Buddy reading is so much fun! It’s great having other people to fangirl/fanboy with while you’re currently reading. This is optional but I think it’d be fun!
- Use the hastag #RockMyTBR for current discussion. There will be Twitter Chats periodically hosted. (More info to come) Knowing myself, there will most likely be giveaways throughout the year as well!
MONTHLY WRAP UP:
- At the end of the month, update us on how you’re doing with the challenge. This can be done on Twitter, on your blog, a Booktube video, YOU NAME IT!
I don't just want to read new books or debuts. I want to make sure I read the books I already own so I'm participating in this challenge as well.2016 Netgalley/Edelweiss Challenge
Hosted by Falling for YA
Have you ever logged on to Edelweiss or Netgalley with the intention of "Just Looking" and then logged off having requested 5 new titles even though your TBR is a mile long? This challenge will (hopefully) give you the incentive to tackle your review books, stumble upon new ones, and get your Netgalley percentage to the desired 80%!
- The challenge will run from Jan 1, 2016 – Dec 31, 2016.
- Anyone is welcome to join. You do not need to be a blogger, just post your reviews and come back every month to link them up.
- Any genre, release date, request date, length, etc. counts so long as it came from Edelweiss or Netgalley.
- At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews. If you forget to link up one month it's not a problem. Add your reviews next month or go back to the month your review was posted and link to that list.
- If you would like to move up or down levels that is completely fine and at your discretion.
- If you have any questions tweet me @FallingForYA or e-mail Emisbookblog@aol.com!
Bronze - 10 Books
Silver - 25 Books
Gold - 50 Books
Platinum - 75 Books
Diamond - 100 Books
Last year I read 36 books from Netgalley and Edelweiss. At this point I just want to maintain that goal. If it looks like I can read 50 books later in the year then I will.
2016 Audiobook Challenge
Hosted by Hot Listens
Join Hot Listens for the 4th year of great audio books. Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or if you’re one of the lucky ones like me, listen to them at work. I hope all those new and old junkies can join us once again for The 2016 Audiobook Challenge. Listening is never been better, thanks to the popularity of Audiobooks just about everything is being published on audio…YAY! There has never been a better time for reading with our ears :)
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.) ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
This is my first time doing this challenge but I'm a huge audiobooks reader. I listen to at least 3 a month, usually rereads but sometimes new books as well. So for my goal I'm going for 30+ which is My Precious. If I get closer to the end of the year and look like I can listen to 50 then I'm push it up a little.
Those are my challenges for 2016. Basically the same ones as I did last year, plus one more. What challenges are you doing in 2016? Are you joining in any of these? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!