Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated 2016 Releases

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish 

Sequels and Series Enders 
1.) Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - January 26, 2016
The next book in the Mistborn trilogy. Holy crap, the twist at the end of the last book was out of control. That books was phenomenal. More Sanderson, all the Sanderson.

2.) Calamity by Brandon Sanderson - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - February 16, 2016
The final book in The Reckoners trilogy which I am so so obsessed with. I'm terrified this book will wreck me and I know Sanderson has some crazy plot twists planned so I can't really wait to read this.

3.) A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - February 23, 2016
ADSOM was my favorite book of 2015 and I am even more excited for the sequel. I know some blogger friends who have gotten ARCs have loved it so I cannot wait for my preorder to arrive.

4.) The Skylighter by Becky Wallace - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - March 22, 2016
I basically pooped my pants when I got the email from Simon that they were sending me an ARC of this one. I'm so excited to find out what happens next with these characters.

5.) The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkowski - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - March 29, 2016
The finale to the Winner's trilogy. I'm excited to see how this one ends. The way the last book ended was crazy! Plus now that Macmillan has said they're not redesigning until the paperbacks I'm even more pumped.

6.) The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - April 26, 2016
I really liked The Sin Eater's Daughter. It got me out of a reading slump. The world and the history of the book was very cool so I'm excited for more.

7.) The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - June 7, 2016
I loved The Falconer. It got me into steampunk when I read it about a year and a half ago. Plus that cliffhanger was so mean. I got an ARC from Chronicle which is great because I cannot wait to find out what happens next.

New Series/Book from a Fave Author 
8.) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - January 6, 2016
I loved The Darkest Minds and Passenger sounds even better. I'm a sucker for time travel books and I hear it does a great job with the history which is cool.

9.) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - January 6, 2016
I really enjoyed the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy. The fact that Susan's next book is a high fantasy with a strong female friendship and elemental magic makes me so pumped!

10.) The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - March 8, 2016
I loved A Mad, Wicked Folly it was such a fantastic YA historical fiction novel. This one sounds even more interesting and is once again set in the Victorian era which I always love reading.

11.) Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - May 24, 2016
Stacey's debut was one of my favorite debuts of the year. Again, a fantastic YA historical fiction book. Her second book sounds really interesting and full of adventure.

12.) This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - June 7, 2016
Victoria Schwab is an absolute favorite author and this book sounds so freaking amazing. I know some people have read early reviews and loved it.

First Time Reading this Author 
13.) Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - February 2, 2016
For a long time I avoided this author because I found historical fiction set during WWII to be pretty typical and I stopped enjoying it. But she has some unique sounding stuff including this one.

14.) The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - March 8, 2016
I've been wanting to read some Cat Winters for awhile now so I was really excited to get approved  for this one on Netgalley. Plus it's a genderbent, diverse Hamlet retelling. So cool!

15.) The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins - Add to Goodreads
Release Date - March 8, 2016
I was never really interested in Wendy Higgins other books but this one is right up my alley. It's a fantasy with political intrigue and a retelling The Singing Bone which is very cool.

16.) And I Darken by Kiersten White - Add to Goodreads
I was sold when I learned thuis book was about a teenage girl trying to save her tiny kingdom from occupation. But even better, it's a historical fantasy about a gender-bent Dracula about the relationship with him and Sultan Mehmed

There you go. All the books I am excited about for the first half of 2016. What about you? What books are you excited about? Did any of these make your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

6 comments:

  1. Nice list! Passenger and Truthwitch look great. There are a couple of these that don't look familiar, but sound great as well! Here is my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Salt To The Sea on my list this week too. Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys is brilliant, you should definitely try that one, it's not your typical WWII historical fiction at all.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/top-ten-tuesday-37/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome picks!! See quite a few I have my eye on as well! And oh wow! I missed that tidbit about MacMillian not changing the covers for the Winner's Kiss! That's very good news!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool list! I haven't heard of Outrun the Moon but it sounds really cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm beyond excited for A Gathering of Shadows!

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep seeing Passenger on TTT lists that I'm starting to get excited for it too.
    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete