Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Sequels and Series Enders for the Second Half of 2016

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

I was looking at my list of most anticipated books for the second half of 2016 and originally I thought I would need to do what I did for the first half and stretch it to 16. But then I looked at the list and realized that it is honestly mostly just sequels and series enders so I am just going to talk about those. But if you want more of my most anticipated reads for the end of the year, check out my future Waiting on Wednesday posts. I do them every other week and these books and a lot more will be mentioned.

1.) Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine - Add to Goodreads
Sequel to: Ink and Bone
I loved Ink and Bone when I read it last year. It was a great combination of drama and fantasy with a complex and devious villain (The Library!) and a cool steampunk world. I'm so excited to find out what happens next and I'm pumped Penguin sent me an ARC!

2.) Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter - Add to Goodreads
Sequel to: Jackaby and Beastly Bones
I am so super obsessed with this series. It's a great combination of mystery, fantasy, and historical fiction. Plus it is hilarious and makes me so happy reading it. I read the first few chapters when I got the ARC at BEA and I can't wait to finish it.

3.) Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas - Add to Goodreads
Sequel to: Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows
The fifth book in the Throne of Glass series is coming out and I could not be more excited. Queen of Shadows was my favorite book in the series and if you ask me it's getting better and better. I'm interested to see what's going to happen next.

4.) The Swan Riders by Erin Bow - Add to Goodreads
Sequel to: The Scorpion Rules
I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this series. The first half seemed to be like a typical YA dystopia but then it took a fantastic sci-fi twist and the ending was really fantastic and totally played with the tropes. I'm excited to see what happens next.

5.) Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo - Add to Goodreads
Sequel/Series Ender to: Six of Crows
I loved the first book in this series. It's a great fantasy heist novel with the same dark world as the Grisha trilogy and even more complex and odious characterization. Plus seriously, the way Six of Crows ended was crazy and I am so worried about this one.

6.) The Midnight Star by Marie Lu - Add to Goodreads
Series Ender to: The Young Elites trilogy (The Young Elites, The Rose Society)
I am so nervous about the way this series is going to end. Because ohmygod, the way that The Rose Society concluded was out of control. This is such a fantastic series that's basically a villain origina story about dark characters that you sympathize with.

7.) A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Grey - Add to Goodreads
Series Ender to: Firebird trilogy (A Thousand Pieces of You, Ten Thousand Skies Above You)
And another book with a crazy ending. I liked the first book in this series but I LOVED the second. The conclussion totally blew my mind and I am actually really excited to see what happens in the next book because I'm pretty sure it's going to be really dark with the characters that were introduced.

8.) Gemina by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - Add to Goodreads
Sequel to: Illuminae
I mean who didn't love Illuminae. It was one of the most creative books I read in a long time. So obviously I am super excited to read this companion novel that takes us to a different part of the world and explains something that affects the larger story.

9.) Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin - Add to Goodreads
Sequel to: Wolf by Wolf
I was late to the Wolf by Wolf party but I found my way there and very quickly became obsessed. I cannot wait to find out what happens next with this series. Plus I need more Luka Lowe and Yaek in my life and to find out what will happen to them. And Adele after reading Iron to Iron.

10.) Honorable Mention: The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - My Review
Sequel to: The Fixer
I already read this one but it was a highly anticipated sequel for me. It was supposed to come out in July so I didn't talk about it in my last round of anticipated reads. Seriously you guys, read this series, it's a brilliant YA fantasy and political thriller.

Those are the sequels and series enders that I am most excited about for the second half of 2016. What books are you excited about? Are any of these on your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

12 comments:

  1. There are several new-to-me series on your list that look interesting and will have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empire of Storms, Crooked Kingdom and A Million Worlds With You just might be my top three anticipated releases of the whole entire year, so they're definitely on my list too! And Gemina is going to be amazing as well... ahhh so many amazing things coming out this fall!
    here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally picked up The Long Game from the library yesterday. I am so excited to read it! It's kind of killing me that I can't be reading it right now, but also...work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemina is one that I am through the roof excited for. I still need to pick up Wolf by Wolf as that is one that I have been meaning to read it since it came out because it sounds exactly like my type of book.
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YES to Gemina and Blood for Blood. Those are two that I am DYING to read!!! Great list. Here is mine: http://bookbinges.blogspot.it/2016/06/top-ten-tuesday-2016-books-i-am.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vaguely remember seeing The Scorpion Rules on Goodreads a while a go but I can't remember reading the synopsis, I just went back and it sounds like such am amazing book!! I am also loving the cover for the sequel The Swan Riders.

    - Hills of Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I'm so excited for Gemina, Ghostly Echoes and Crooked Kingdom! I need these books on my shelves like yesterday. I'm reading Ghostly Echoes next month and I can't tell you how excited I am for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! I still need to read Claudia's second book, but I can't wait for a Million Worlds With You either!! And Crooked Kingdom, though I still need to read Six of Crows too! LOL! Heard of some cliffhangers here so I decided to just wait and binge the last of the books in the series since they're all almost done! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO MANY YESESS TO YOUR PICKS!! You'll love Ghostly Echoes I'm sure and I'm wondering if we could buddy read Paper & Fire? I got an eARC and haven't started it yet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paper of Fire and Empire of Storms were both on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-61/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Can't wait to read Paper and Fire

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm currently reading the ARC of Paper and Fire and it is awesome! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete