Saturday, February 15, 2014

Book Blogger Love-a-Thon


A bunch of blogs that I follow seem to be taking part in this fun sounding weekend of Valentine's Day challenges. Color me interested. It sounds super fun so I'm jumping on the bandwagon. The Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is hosted by Alexa of Alexa Loves Books and Katelyn of Tales of Books and Bands.


The first challenge is a get to know you, so I answered the interview questions provided.


1.) How did you come up with your blog name?

Well, it was a bit of a misconceived notion. I know there's a lot of misuse of the word literally, but it's not what you think. I wanted to do something that was a play on the word literature. The word I should have used is literarily but literally sounded better at the time. My these are my actual thoughts so it works.

2.) What genre/subject matter do you read and review most on your blog?

I try to mix things up a lot to keep things interesting and because I'm pretty indecisive. I do a lot of YA, but I also try and read a classic, and an Adult book each month as well. As far as genres go mostly Fantasy and Historical Fiction. I also like SciFi and Thrillers a lot too. Like people, I like books that can't be pigeonholed into one genre.

3.) Name 3 books you are most excited about from 2014

- The Magicians Land by Lev Grossman
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- Half Bad by Sally Green

4.) Where in the world are you blogging from?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I moved here from Rhode Island about a year ago.

5.) Tell us- how did you get into blogging in the first place?

I read a book that I absolutely loved and I wanted to gush about. None of my friends had read it and I wanted to share my love. I'm not really sure what inspired me but I decided to create a blog to babble about books and stop annoying my friends about them.

6.) Apart from reading, what other hobbies/interests do you have?

Not many! Kidding. Hobbies is always a hard question for me. I love cooking, baking, and eating. I also love traveling. When I lived in Rhode Island one of my favorite things to do was go to the beach but landlocked Pittsburgh makes that hard. 

7.) If you were stuck on a deserted island, which books would you bring with you?

I'm glad I can bring many, it's always torture to pick just one! I would bring the Harry Potter series cause I could read those over and over and not get bored. I would also bring Little Women for a good cry, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for a good laugh, and Anna Karenina and 11/22/64 both of which are intimidatingly long and I have been meaning to start for years but always chicken out. This would force me to read them and if I didn't like them I could burn them for warmth (I know it's bad to burn books!)

8.) If you were stuck in a dangerous situation (like fire, a sinking ship, a war zone) which book boy or girl would you want to come and save you?

Well if I couldn't save myself I would want either Hermione from Harry Potter or Mal from the Grisha Trilogy to save me. Hermione would know what to do in any situation but if we're talking war, I'd rather have Mal there!

9.) You're attending a party with your friends. Suddenly the DJ changes the song and it's YOUR song - what song would it be?

Such a hard question. My current jam is Timber by Pitbull and Kesha. Anything by Kesha would get me very excited. But so would Pop by NSYNC. That song has been my jam since like 2001! 

10.) What 3 movies would you love your to have your favorite author wrote into book, or vice versa?

-Mean Girls: I know it's based on a book but that doesn't count. I want Tina Fey to write a legit Mean Girls book.
-Anastasia: I'm pretty pumped to read Tsarina cause of all the Anastasia vibes!
-And I'd like to see The Historian be a movie. That book is phenomenal and action packed!

I'm really excited for more challenges so stayed tuned to the blog and Happy Valentine's Day! If you want to take part head over to Alexa and Katelyn's blog and sign up! If you are taking part, leave me a comment with a link to your post and I can get to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment