Friday, February 28, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #15

A weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee's View


How it Works: 
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

This Week's Question:

Change the Plot. If you could, what book would you change the ending or a plot thread? 
Go ahead and do it...change it.

 This Week's Answer:

What an amazing question. There are so many books that I would change the conclusion or a plot point if I could. I think the biggest one right now is Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This book is quite possibly the worst offender when it comes to my First Book Syndrome symptoms. The fact that there was absolutely no conclusion really aggravated me. Seriously, I feel like I went through an entire book for no reason. What a waste of time! When I first read it, I didn't hate it as much as I do now but as I think back on the ending I seem to be getting angrier with time. It almost makes me not want to read the rest of the books.

What book do you want to change the conclusion or a plot point? Did you read Beautiful Creatures and hate the ending too? Should I read the rest of the Caster Chronicles? Leave me a comment, share your thoughts!




Remember, this is a blog hop so take a look around and if you like what you see than feel free to follow. I am indifferent to the way you follow so pick your poison: GFC, Bloglovin, or Twitter. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

15 comments:

  1. I really need to read Beautiful Creatures! New GFC follower! :)

    http://www.tashbrilliantbookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, check it out. I'm glad my pessimism hasn't dissuaded you at all. Thanks for stopping by and following.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, I thought Beautiful Creatures was a good book. I guess I can see your point though that it wasn't a real ending, but more of a delay in what was happening with her. Didn't think of it that way before heh. Good post :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't really hate it as much until I noticed how much of a trend that is in first books in a series and then when I was thinking more critically about I became more critical. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Hopping through. Hmm...interesting. I loved Beautiful Creatures. I didn't really have a problem with the series until books 3 and 4.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH, if you liked this book and got annoyed as the series went on I feel like I may not finish the series. Thanks for stopping by and commenting,

      Delete
  4. I remember I tried reading this one. Long before the movie came out. I had won it in a contest. But try as I might. I couldn't get into it. Not sure why, but nothing grabbed at me or made me want to read it. So I stopped. Never even finished it and probably didn't even bother with a review.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I understand completely. It had some really good things about it. I honestly thought the magical system was really creative and I liked the characters but the ending just killed me and the romance is the most insta-lovey I've seen since Twilight.

      Delete
  5. I had to cover my eyes in case of spoilers! This book is on my list to read in March!

    Old follower. My FF.

    P.S. I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Check out the details here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO! I hope I didn't accidentally give away spoilers. I'm really bad with that because I'm one of those weird people who likes spoilers because I hate surprises! I hope you enjoy the book more than I did. I will forward to your review! Thanks for the comment and the nomination!

      Delete
  6. Hello, this is unrelated, but I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Details here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I've been nominated a few times this week! It's so sweet every time it happens. I'm planning a post for this week.

      Delete
  7. Interesting choice. The end of this book didn't bother me, but I don't mind the whole first book syndrome thing. That said, I haven't been able to finish the series yet, and I do really want to. I hope to get to the other books sometime this year. Now following you via GFC and Bloglovin'. Thanks so much for stopping by blog. Have a great weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like we all have different feelings when it comes to trilogies. Most people get annoyed with Second Book Syndrome and I usually like those books better. I hope you get a chance to read the rest of the books and enjoy them, I may not finish the series but I'll look for your reviews. Thanks for the comment and the follow.

      Delete
  8. I agree. this is one of those books where at first you're kind of content. But then the more you think about it the more you're asking "why did they do that?!"

    Jessi

    http://www.thebookcove.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-12-plot-change-up.html

    ReplyDelete