Saturday, March 4, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: January and February Haul

A weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

It's been a few months since I did a Stacking the Shelves and I figured it was something totally needed, especially because I bought some books this month, and got a good amount for review. I am really excited by a lot of these, especially some of the ones I bought. But honestly, all of them look pretty amazing. Okay, a lot of catch up on. Seriously, grab a cup of something and maybe a snack because this is going to take awhile. I really need to go back to doing these monthly. Alright, let's look at what I picked up...

Bought


Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken - My Review
I really liked Passenger and was so excited to read the sequel/conclusion of this duology. It was just as good as the first book, maybe better.

Windwitch by Susan Dennard My Review
I loved Truthwitch and couldn't wait to read Windwitch to find out what happened next here. And while I didn't like it as much as Trutwitch, it was really good.

The Valiant by Lesley Livingston - My Review
I preordered this one because it sounds like it's totally up my alley. And it was. It was a really unique historical fiction novel and I enjoyed it.


Wire and Nerves by Marissa Meyer - Add to Goodreads
I am a huge fan of both The Lunar Chronicles (especially Iko!) and graphic novels so I had to grab this almost the moment it came out. I used some Christmas money for it. 

A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab My Review

I am obsessed with this series and the last book in the trilogy did not disappoint. I loved it. I preordered a signed copy and I am so glad I did.  

The Passion of Dolssa by Berry - Add to Goodreads

I have been wanted to read this book for awhile. I saw the e-book on sale on Amazon and so I snagged a copy. Hopefully I can read it soon.

Gifted 


The Edge of the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie Add to Goodreads
This stack of books Michelle picked up for me at ALA and I am so freaking excited about all of them. This is a sequel I am so excited about because I loved the first book in the series.

Midnight and the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson - Add to Goodreads
Michelle picked this up because she likes the author and then read the synopsis and realized that it is totally a Cassi book so she gave it to me. I didn't even know about it until then and it is absolutely my kind of read.

A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi - Add to Goodreads
Michelle knew I really liked The Star-Touched Queen and so she grabbed this one for me. I also got it for review but I'm excited to have a matching physical copy.

Now I Rise by Kiersten White Add to Goodreads
Michelle asked me if I wanted this one and I totally did. I loved the first book in this series and I can't wait to find out what will happen next.

For Review


One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus - Add to Goodreads
I'm such a sucker for these kinds of mysteries. Ones that have unreliable narrators and ones about teens who make up an unlikely group. I'm excited to read this debut.

Little Monsters by Kara Thomas - Add to Goodreads
Another mystery I am super excited about. I loved Kara's debut and this one sounds even more interesting and mysterious.

Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves - Add to Goodreads
I am really excited about this debut. It sounds like an interesting YA fantasy. I've seen some mixed reviews but I'm still intrigued.

Defy the Stars by Claudia GrayAdd to Goodreads
I really liked Claudia's Firebird trilogy and I am really excited to read more of her books, especially this one because it's more of a hard sci-fi.


Spectacle by Rachel Vincent - Add to Goodreads
I really liked the first book in this series. It took awhile to get me into it but when I did I was totally hooked. I'm expecting to love this one even more.

Noteworthy by Riley Redgate Add to Goodreads
I am really interested in this contemporary. I love a good coming-of-age YA and one that's about show choir sounds super fun and different.

Masks of Shadows by Linsey Smith - Add to Goodreads
This sounds like my kind of YA fantasy and I was really excited to see it on Netgalley right after learning about it. I can't wait to read it.

Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde - Add to Goodreads
I love contemporaries that are about female friendship, geeky MCs, and LGBT romances. This book has all three so naturally I am super excited.

Those are the books that I got in January and February. I obviously went a little overboard when it comes to review books but it's for two months which is probably not too bad. What books did you get? Are you excited for any of these? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! There are so many awesome books in this post, I don't even know where to start! I liked Windwitch and Wayfarer, and loved The Valiant. I'm going to the NoVa Teen Festival and Lesley Livingston will be there - so excited! I hope you enjoy all of your new books, for those you've not yet read!

    Have a fabulous weekend. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice! That reminds me I ought to download Spectacle soon! Love Rachel's books!! Hope you enjoy (and enjoyed) your new reads from these last two months!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a haul! I'm currently listening to The Valiant and enjoying it so far! I also LOVED Now I Rise! I hope you enjoy it too! I also can't wait to get to Defy the Stars! There are SO MANY good books here!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete